Nutritional Therapy is available at this time but all appointments will be held online or over the phone.
Please get in touch if you would like more information.
“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food”Hippocrates, the father of western medicine; lived 460BC – c.370BC.
I am passionate about food, fitness, health and wellbeing and believe that life is all about balance.
For thousands of years, through many cultures, good nutrition has been the basis of good health. Nutritional therapy is the application of nutritional science to promote health and peak performance. Nutritional therapy can be used on its own or in conjunction with allopathic treatments (treatment given by doctors and other health professionals).
Through functional medicine, the nutritional therapist can identify potential imbalances and how they contribute to symptoms and poor health. Functional medicine enables the nutritional therapist to use a systems-orientated approach which can address nutritional imbalances and support the body towards the optimisation of good health.
As a nutritional therapist, my role is to listen to your health goals; with your specific goal in mind we will create a strategy that encourages you to make the diet and lifestyle changes needed.
What to expect from the consultation:
- An in-depth review of your current diet and nutrient intake
- Detailed health and family history
- Comprehensive goal-targeted strategy – with a clear explanation of how your symptoms could be linked to your nutritional imbalances. The strategy will provide support and encouragement to change diet and lifestyle
- Action plan – personalised advice for diet and lifestyle changes
- Supplement programme details of any recommend nutritional supplements (if needed)
- The recommendation of non-invasive clinical tests to help ascertain any suspected underlying conditions (if required, -tests incur an additional charge)